University of Lucerne (2019-)
I supervise undergraduate and graduate dissertations, examine undergraduate final exams, and teach self-designed courses for the Department of History.
- Beyond Medievalism: An Introduction to European History, c. 1100-1550 (lecture course, 2022)
- Political Advice and Secret Knowledge, c. 1100-1600 (undergraduate course, 2022)
- Picturing War: Representations of Violence in the Later Middle Ages (undergraduate course, 2022)
- How ‘global’ were the Middle Ages? (graduate and undergraduate course, 2021)
- Slaveries in the Mediterranean, c. 1200-1600 (undergraduate course, 2021)
- Imagining the International: Political Theory beyond the State in the Premodern World (graduate and undergraduate course, 2020)
- (Eyewitness) Accounts of the Spanish Conquest (undergraduate course, 2020)
University of Cambridge (2017-19)
I lectured and taught for a range of undergraduate and graduate courses of the Faculty of History as well as for the Department of Politics and International Studies.
- Global History (undergraduate lecture, 2019)
- History of International Political Thought (undergraduate course & small-group teaching, 2018-19)
- History of Political Thought from Plato to Locke (undergraduate small-group teaching, 2017-19)
- ‘Methods in the History of Political Thought’ (graduate course, co-taught for the MPhil in Political Thought and Intellectual History, 2017)
University of Basel (2012-15)
I taught undergraduate tutorials on academic writing and research for the Department of English.